Healthy Life Center
Cyprus International University (CIU) The Healthy Life Center (SAYAM) was established to protect and improve the health of individuals, as well as to contribute to the recovery of individuals in diseases that require lifestyle changes and to encourage healthy living.
With the active use of Nutrition and Dietetics, Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation departments, SAYAM serves CIU students, academic and administrative staff, and then contracted institutions and organizations.
- To protect and improve the health of healthy individuals,
- To monitor and evaluate the health problems of individuals who have a diagnosed disease and applied to the SAYAM in person or/or referred from health institutions/organizations,
- To provide preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitative care services,
- To provide individual or group health trainings to healthy or sick individuals,
- Referring/suggesting to other specialists or institutions in the field of health, when necessary,
- To carry out outpatient care services such as directing/performing home care services when needed.
- In addition, to cooperate with public and private institutions and organizations in the national and international arena, to produce joint projects in relation to its fields of activity; to organize conferences, symposiums, seminars, panels and similar meetings in the fields of activity; publishing books, magazines, brochures; to organize programs in written and visual media.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation (Joint endoprostheses, fractures, tendon-ligament injuries, waist-neck problems, rehabilitation before and after orthopedic surgery)
- Rehabilitation in Rheumatic Diseases (Rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, spine-related rheumatic diseases, systematic lupus)
- Hand Rehabilitation (Peripheral nerve injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome hand tendon injuries, arthritic hand, elbow-forearm-hand fractures, rehabilitation after hand surgeries)
- Spine Health (Low-neck pain, scoliosis, waist-neck hernia, rehabilitation before and after spine surgeries, waist-neck school, exercise training)
- Neurological Rehabilitation (MS, Parkinson, stroke, muscle diseases, brain and spinal cord tumors, rehabilitation before and after surgery)
- Pediatric Rehabilitation (Cerebral palsy, risky newborn babies, muscle diseases, spina bifida, autism, down syndrome and neurodevelopmental disorders)
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation (COPD, bronchitis, asthma, heart failure, rehabilitation after Covid, rehabilitation after bypass surgery, exercise training)
- Athlete Health and Rehabilitation (Anterior cruciate ligament injuries, meniscus injuries, tendon, muscle and ligament injuries, rehabilitation after sports surgeries, performance tests, sport-specific exercise training)
- Geriatric (Elderly) Rehabilitation (Balance and falling problems, cognitive problems, old age injuries, osteoporosis, geriatric syndromes, Alzheimer, exercise training)
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation (İncontinence, stool incontinence, postpartum and postpartum problems, constipation, voiding-defecation disorders, rehabilitation after prostate surgeries, rehabilitation after pelvic organ surgeries, sexual dysfunctions, pelvic pain, LGBTQ+ health)
- Oncological Rehabilitation (Cancer-related fatigue, weakness, respiratory problems, muscle weakness, rehabilitation before and after cancer surgeries)
Healthy Nutrition and Diet Counseling Center
Nutrition; It is the use of nutrients for growth, maintenance of life and protection of health. In society, nutrition is generally seen as a concept to be considered in case of a disease. However, studies have shown that improving individual diet and health practices reduces preventable diseases, disabilities and premature deaths. Nutritional deficiency and imbalance are direct causes of some diseases and indirect causes of others. Therefore, as CIU-SAYAM Nutrition and Diet Department, we provide services on nutrition and diet in comprehensive diseases, individual diet programs and nutrition education.
Today, in the prevention of many diseases, during and after the disease, the nutritional status of the patient should be determined and followed with a personalized, adequate, and balanced nutrition program. In SAYAM, nutrition and diet services are provided to raise awareness of healthy nutrition in society and to support the healing process of patients.
- Antopometric measurements of individuals (height-weight-waist-hip circumference)
- Determining risk situations by making body analyzes
- Weight control and Healthy eating program/education
- Obesity nutrition program/education*
- Nutrition program for cardiovascular diseases*
- Type 1 and 2 diabetes nutrition program/education*
- Nutrition program in gastrointestinal diseases
- Nutrition program in GUT*
- Nutrition program for cancer patients*
- Nutrition program during pregnancy*
- Nutrition program in lactation
- Selection and regulation of food for the newborn baby
- Regulation and education of transition to supplementary food in infancy
- Nutrition program in hypertension*
- Nutrition program/education for food allergies or intolerances
- Sports nutrition program/training*
- Athlete pre- and post-match nutrition program*
- Nutrition program/education before and after metabolic surgery*
- Nutrition program/education for kidney and liver diseases
- Nutrition program for anorectic individuals*
- Nutrition program/education in eating behavior disorder diseases
- Nutrition program in insulin resistance*
- Nutrition program for children, adolescents and adolescents*
- Nutrition program in osteoporosis and bone diseases*
- Nutrition program in menopause
*Areas that can be followed in teamwork with other health personnel and/or personnel. Situations that can be consulted.
Healthy Life Center
Çevik Uraz Center, CU106
Tel: +90 392 671 11 11 Extension: 2277