Ph.D. in Civil Engineering program covers the fields of structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydrology, and material and construction management. Due to the importance of applied learning, our program is among the top institutions that utilizes state-of-the-art research and development laboratories and computer laboratories. Our program offers an education in realization of the importance to generate ethical, entrepreneurial, environmentally-responsible, technologically advanced graduates for national and international platforms of the field of civil engineering without wavering from high-quality educational standards.
Ph.D. in Civil Engineering degree is designed to raise research specialists in the areas of material, geotechnical, structural, clean/waste water and construction management. Purpose of this education is not only to educate research specialists who are up-to-date with necessary engineering and technological knowledge and have the ability to adapt to the new knowledge; but also to have graduates who can advance the field of civil engineering by effectively using their knowledge, self-confidence, communication and research skills they have gained throughout their education.
Materials, Geotechnical, Transportation and Surveying laboratories serve Ph.D. students and help them serve their communities with their research.
Department of Civil Engineering, for use in educational and research purposes has the following laboratories:
- Construction Materials Laboratory: latest technological equipment to explore the physical, mechanical and durability properties of all materials that are used in the construction industry;
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory: All necessary equipment to find the physical and mechanical properties of soils;
- Central Laboratory: Equipment required to determine the chemical and mineralogical structure of composite materials;
- Transportation Laboratory: Equipment needed to determine abrasion resistance of aggregates, CBR test, Marshall test, Viscometer, Compaction equipment;
- Computer Laboratory: Equipment having properties compatible with today’s technology and software packages to be used in designs.
The most important devices included in the laboratories include; Computer-controlled steel tension and low frequency creep detection equipment, steel reinforcement and stirrup diameter detection equipment, concrete tomography laser, 3-dimensional laser scanning device, scanning electron microscope (SEM), and liquid chromatography mass spectroscopy (LC-MS/MS).
Graduates, by fulfilling the needs of the society with the specialized education they gained, can pursue a rewarding career in any of the private and governmental educational institutions which operate in various civil engineering fields via transferring the knowledge, application methods and techniques they have learned; and by the attainment of a higher responsibility in management and leadership.
Institute of Graduate Studies and Research
Çevik Uraz Center, CU244
Tel: +90 392 671 1111 Extension: 2214-2228
Institue E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org